Sunday, August 7, 2011

GREAT THINGS

Lord, You have done great things in me, and oh, I thank You so!
My life: a miracle of love and grace; Your mercy do I know.
Relentless patience you displayed; no matter how I ran
You drew me back, and deep in me, a hunger for you fanned.

You have in mind a plan for me to follow here below;
And if I do obey, oh Lord, my “promised land” I’ll know.
I don’t know what You’ll ask of me, what changes must be made,
But Lord, You have begun that work – continue it, I pray.

You’ve given me Your strength, Your power; Your Spirit lives within,
Enabling me to do Your will, to have no fear of men.
Your Word alive, active in me: a sword that I can use
To fight back when the devil would discourage or confuse.

Through prayer I cast my cares on you, bring all my worries too;
Pour out my heart, and know that You are listening as I do.
It’s such a comfort Lord, to know, no matter what I face,
That You are there with me, and so, will strengthen me with grace.

You’ve said as I remain in You, You will remain in me,
And only then I’ll bear much fruit – Oh Lord, please let it be
My goal in life on earth to thus abide in You alone,
And glory bring to God above – HE reigns upon the throne.



EF – June 2008 (re-baptism, but first time as a believer)

So many changes over the past 2 years! Beth Moore says in one of her studies that the more she is obedient, the more God asks her to do. At the time that scared me - and it still does, a bit - but I'm realizing the tremendous peace and joy He gives when I am obedient to what I sense Him telling me to do ... and that is worth far more than the opinions of those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment