Monday, November 11, 2013

Quilts for My Grandsons

This is the quilt that nearly made me lose my mind!  When I knew grandson #1 was on the way, I decided I wanted to do something out of the ordinary: spotted this pinwheels within pinwheels pattern in a magazine, adapted it to the colours of his nursery, and .... proceed to spend eons making tiny 1/2 square triangles.  I've changed my technique since then, and had I known then what I know now, probably could have made it in about half the time!  I still love the pattern, but will easily be able to refrain from making it again. Ever.


This one was for grandson #2.  The pattern was a mystery quilt for a quilt retreat, and I picked material to coordinate with the nursery (lime green and bright blue in both quilts), but added some brights rather than pastels in this one.  I learned two things:  first, that I do NOT like paper piecing, and second that mystery quilts can be a bit frustrating!  I love the stained glass effect that resulted from the print material.

The quilts certainly are different, anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment